Wild Horses Stripped from Nevada Public Lands
The controversial Antelope Complex wild horse stampede was concluded on the 25th of Feb with nearly 1,400 federally protected wild horses removed from their rightful land with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) releasing 20 chemically sterilized mares and 2 studs back to the HMA the size of Rhode Island on Feb 26th.
Nine horses died in the much contested stampede with nine other horses released earlier during the “scorched earth” wild horse eradication operation.
The stampede was called off three days earlier than scheduled as wild horses advocates documented large numbers of near full term mares being run for miles by the BLM’s questionable helicopter contractor. Early in the stampede both video and still photos documented the inhumane and abusive assault upon wild horses by an inexperienced contractor helicopter pilot but an “internal” review by the BLM found the horrendous attacks to be approved and within the norm accepted by the BLM and current administration.
Although wild horse advocates applaud the early suspension of the mustang eradication program they heartily condemn the introduction of hundreds of privately own cattle upon the same range that the native horses inhabited BEFORE the stampede was even concluded.
The Release of a Band
Four Burned Out and Frozen Advocates Give a Closing Thought
- BLM Boss Not Engaged with Wild Horse Range Reality (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- A Nation full of Anger, a Corral Full of Wild Horses and the BLM Hits the Replay Button (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Proper Access to Obama’s BLM Wild Horse Traps Continued to be Denied (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- BLM Called Upon To Halt Wild Horse Roundups Until “New Normal ” Policies Enacted To Ensure Humane Treatment of Mustangs (yubanet.com)
- Action Alert: Wild Horse Advocates to Rally at BLM Meeting (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- BLM Denies Wild Horses are “Stampeded” (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Interior Department Urged To Remove Official Responsible for Cruelty During Wild Horse Roundup (yubanet.com)
- Obama Administration Continues Acts of Animal Cruelty at Antelope Wild Horse Stampede (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Progress! House Votes to Reduce Agency Budget for Wild Horse Roundups (news.change.org)
- Wild Horse Drama Continues in Nevada (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- NV Congresswoman Speaks Out on Obama BLM Animal Cruelty at Wild Horse Stampede (rtfitch.wordpress.com)