Wild Horse & Burro Deaths are Disguised by the BLM
SAN FRANCISCO (December 13, 2012)–In honor of the National Day of the Horse, Protect Mustangs calls for an end to cruel roundups of native wild horses. The California based conservation group is circulating a Change.org petition to Congress to De-fund and Stop the Roundups. The roundups are deadly and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is skewing the death count. The BLM emphasizes preexisting conditions so Congress won’t realize how many indigenous wild horses are being killed as a result of the roundups.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/write-or-callCall your Senators and Congresspeople!
Encouraging citizens to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history, and character of the United States and expressing the sense of Congress that a National Day of the Horse should be established.
Whereas the horse is a living link to the history of the United States;
Whereas, without horses, the economy, history, and character of the United States would be profoundly different;
Whereas horses continue to permeate the society of the United States, as witnessed on movie screens, on open land, and in our own backyards;
Whereas horses are a vital part of the collective experience of the United States and deserve protection and compassion;
Whereas, because of increasing pressure from modern society, wild and domestic horses rely on humans for adequate food, water, and shelter; and
Whereas the Congressional Horse Caucus estimates that the horse industry contributes well over $100,000,000,000 each year to the economy of the United States: Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That Congress–
(1) encourages all citizens to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history, and character of the United States;
(2) expresses its sense that a National Day of the Horse should be established in recognition of the importance of horses to the Nation’s security, economy, recreation, and heritage; and
(3) urges the President to issue a proclamation calling on the people of the United States and interested organizations to observe National Day of the Horse with appropriate programs and activities.
- Wild Horse Cruelty too Obscene in Nevada (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Please Oppose Blm’s Devastating Plan for Wyoming’s Red Desert Wild Horses (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Plan to Roundup Wild Horses with Choppers has NM Advocates Crying Foul (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Guest Opinion: Wild Horse Horror (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Bureau of Land Management Wild Horse Roundups Lack Oversight for Animal Welfare (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Safety of US horse meat ‘impossible to guarantee’ (horsetalk.co.nz)
- 45 Seconds of Thanksgiving from Wild Mustang Robin (rtfitchauthor.com)