This is a trend that needs to be built upon!!
According to a recent AP article it appears that Nevada politicians are pulling pages right out of Ripley’s Believe It or Not for America’s free roaming wild horses and burros by passing a resolution in their honor.
The report states that Senate Joint Resolution 1 recognizes wild horses as living symbols of American Western heritage, as well as natural resources and cultural assets.
SJR1 also expresses support for wild horse and burro eco-sanctuaries, something supporters say could encourage rural tourism in the state.
It now goes to the Assembly.
For a state that has been “Ground Zero”, both federal and local, for the destruction of protected wild horses and burros this comes as somewhat of a surprise to those who strive to protect and ensure the future well being of our national treasures.
Although a nice gesture it is only window dressing as the resolution will not stop the out of control Bureau of Land Management (BLM) from continuing their assault upon our nation’s wild equines, the bulk of which reside in Nevada, as they make up the law and rules as they go.
- BLM “Drought” Plans Get Rid of Wild Horses & Livestock (ppjg.me)
- Equine Advocates Take On BLM Wild Horse and Slaughter Issues in Oklahoma City (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Ranchers, BLM, Settle Suit Over WY Wild Horses: the Horses LOSE (rtfitchauthor.com)
- TS Radio: Equine Welfare Press Conference and Rally live coverage (ppjg.me)
- Video: Unified Advocate Wild Horse/Slaughter Press Conference and Rally Packs Oklahoma City (rtfitchauthor.com)