Thanks to American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign for spearheading this effort.
A Champion For Our Public Lands. Protecting Our National Treasures. A Bold Leader.
For Secretary of Interior, the choice is clear. President Obama should appoint Rep. Raul Grijalva. He’s a bold leader and a champion of our public lands who will protect our natural treasures, including American wild horses and burros, for generations to come.
Dear President Obama,
Your choice for the next Secretary of the Interior will determine the future of our public lands and their natural resources, including wild horses and burros.The individual you appoint must reflect the ideals that you campaigned upon and that so many of us supported.
The person best qualified to represent these ideals and move the Interior Department forward is Rep. Raul Grijalva, Congressman from Arizona’s Third Congressional District.
Rep. Grijalva has spent his entire career standing up to special interests and for American taxpayers and the preservation of our natural resources. As the top Democrat on the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands since 2007, he has been an outspoken advocate for conservation. He has also been a leader in the fight to reform the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM’s) costly and inhumane wild horse and burro program.
As Interior Secretary, Rep. Grijalva will hold the BLM accountable, and he will stop the government giveaway of public resources to commercial interests that exploit our public lands.
Please nominate Rep. Raul Grijalva as the 51st Secretary of the Interior. He is clearly the best choice to protect and preserve our public lands and our natural heritage, including America’s treasured wild horses and burros.
Click (HERE) to sign the Petition
Together, let’s seize this chance to bring real leadership to the Interior Department!
- Groups Push Raúl Grijalva for Secretary of Interior Slot (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Massive Coalition Calls on President Obama to Nominate Rep. Raúl Grijalva as Interior Secretary (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Petition to Appoint Congressman Raul Grijalva as the 51st Secretary of the Interior (thewildlifenews.com)
- Raul Grijalva For Interior Secretary (howlingforjustice.wordpress.com)
- Groups push Raúl Grijalva for interior secretary slot (azstarnet.com)
- Broad coalition of 238 groups call for Obama to appoint Raúl Grijalva as Secretary of Interior (thewildlifenews.com)
- Enviros to Obama: Pick Grijalva for Interior job (tv.msnbc.com)