OpEd by R.T. Fitch ~ President of the Wild Horse Freedom Federation
Shining Example of “No Honor Amongst Thieves”
The three ring circus of animal bashing legislators continues as enemy to wild horses, Secretary of the Department of Interior Ken Salazar, lashed out against Wyoming’s bumbling horse and wolf hating Congressional Rep. Cynthia “a horse in every pot” Lummis during a recent public speaking event.
Lummis, a long time slumber party buddy of Wyoming’s “Slaughterhouse” Sue Wallis, made a fool out of herself on the house floor last month when she attempted to interject a last minute pro-horse slaughter amendment onto the 2012 appropriations bill. Her Republican Party leaders turned against her on the floor and Lummis was forced to lose face and pull the amendment prior to a swift and impromptu exit from the house.
Next up, on Lummis’ pro-dead animal agenda, was to not only have Wyoming’s wolves removed from the state’s endangered list and labeled as predators so that anyone with a gun and a hankering for bloodshed could shoot them but she also wanted to slip in verbiage to strip citizens of their rights to challenge the move via litigation. So once again, she slipped in a rider into a 2012 congressional appropriations bill on July 6th just one day before Salazar and Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead announced that they had agreed “in principle” to a bloody deal to delist the state’s 340 wolves from the endangered species list and paint bull’s-eyes on them for Wyoming hunters. Ole Kenny was NOT happy.
While reading through a prepared speech at the “Conserving the Future” Conference in Madison, Wisconsin, on Thursday, Salazar openly referred to Lummis’ sneaky wolf rider as “unnecessary” and “problematic”.
Even though the underhanded tactics of Lummis rile fellow Republicans congressional observers believe that her deed of death for the wolves will survive the Republican controlled House but the same may not be true for the Democrats who rule in the Senate. There stands a glimmer of hope that the Senate may give the teeth back to the citizenry to save the wolves from the special interest motives of the likes of Lummis and Mead.
One can only hope.
- Disgraced Wyoming Congresswoman Takes Aim at Wolves after Missing Horses (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Delusional Wyoming Politician Shows Backside Over Horse Slaughter Failure (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Wyoming Wants “Unregulated Killing” Of Wolves In Most of the State….Speak Out!!! (howlingforjustice.wordpress.com)
- Wolves Could Lose Federal Protection in Wyoming (green.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Horse Eating Wyoming Politician Spews More Hatred (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Text of Lummis Congressional Horse Slaughter Amendment Failure (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Equine Advocate Proves Horse Hating Wyoming Politician to be Inept (rtfitch.wordpress.com)