Source: Kitty Donaldson of Bloomberg.com
Last week, the Dutch government announced a recall of 50,000 metric tons of beef.
In written statement to Parliament in London today, Agriculture and Food Minister David Heath said Paterson would “announce a strategic review of the incident and its implications for the food chain.”
The investigation will be “wide-ranging, to restore and maintain consumer confidence in the food chain and the responsibilities of food business and practice through the wider food chain, including: audit, testing, food authenticity, food safety and health issues,” Heath said.
European authorities are continuing to investigate concerns that foods advertised as containing beef contained undeclared horsemeat…(CONTINUED)
Click (HERE) to read the story in it’s entirety and to comment
- Phenylbutazone in Horsemeat Detected by Thermo Fisher Scientific test (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Arrests, Culprit Named in World-Wide Horsemeat Scandal (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horsemeat scandal’s prime suspect revealed: Is this the tycoon who butchered the meat trade? (mirror.co.uk)
- Scandalon, Scandalon – it´s not over! (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- Horsemeat found in U.K. Taco Bell beef products (cbc.ca)