Source: Wild Horse Freedom Federation
We didn’t think the House Appropriations Committee would vote to make our few remaining wild horse & burros non-reproducing and single-sex herds, they did.
We never in a million years thought that our lawmakers would vote to put our federally protected wild horses & burros through a grotesque, deadly and inhumane procedure, they did.
We just knew that our elected representatives would vote in favor of the wishes of their constituent’s, they did NOT!
As difficult as it may be to believe, The House Appropriations Committee voted, today, to authorize the BLM to utilize permanent sterilization of wild horses and burros on their rightful range. While not the same as the mass killing program that the horse-haters previously advocated, this will now lead to the slow death of America’s free-roaming herds. It will also subject thousands of wild mares and burro jennets to a brutally unsafe sterilization technique, ovariectomy by colpotomy.
But, all is not lost, we may have a chance to turn things around if we can get our equine loving members of the Senate to do the right thing and stop this ghoulish and inhumane plan from going into effect.
- Call Your Senators at 202-224-3121. Tell them to stand with the 80 percent of Americans who want wild horses & burros protected and humanely managed. Ask them to oppose any 2019 appropriations language that authorizes the slaughter, killing, or sterilization of these cherished federally-protected animals.
- You can also let the amendment sponsor and supporters know how you feel about their vote.
- Rep. Chris Stewart, amendment sponsor, 202-225-9730
- Rep. Ken Calvert, Interior Appropriations Subcommittee Chair, (202) 225-1986
- Rep. Betty McCollum, Interior Appropriations Subcommittee Ranking member, (202) 225-6631
- Stay tuned to Wild Horse Freedom Federation for the latest news, updates and recommendations on how YOU can be the voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.