Written and information supplied by Grandma Gregg
BLM’s Destruction of California’s Last Wild Horse Herd Delayed, for Now
BLM, Eagle Lake announced today (Nov 20) that the proposal to remove 600 wild horses plus burros from the Twin Peaks HERD Management Area has been temporarily cancelled!
Per Eagle Lake BLM, “There will be no imminent roundup operation in the Twin Peaks Herd Management Area (HMA). The situation will be re-evaluated this January … ESR plan is still under review. ”
The Eagle Lake field office recently claimed they did an aerial inventory that proved there are currently 950 horses on the entire HMA. Recent INDEPENDENT aerial and ground surveys have been done on the Twin Peaks HMA which scientifically proves that the total estimated Wild Horse population is currently within the range of 312 to 387.
Independent assessments of the health of the land and the health of the horses and burros agree with the aerial total HMA population estimate of less than 400 horses plus photos show the health of the surviving horses to be physically robust and forage and water plentiful to get the horses through the next year without undue physical stress if they are left alone.
Many thanks from the wild horses and burros and from all of us who love them to ALL of you who worked so hard to let the BLM know that our Twin Peaks Wild Horses and Burros are very special.
- Urgent: Stop the Twin Peaks Wild Horse & Burro Removal (rtfitchauthor.com)
- BLM to get rid of last wild horses in California: (ppjg.me)
- Breaking News: BLM Plans Covert Elimination of NE California Wild Horse & Burro Herd (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Feds target 600 mustangs for removal from burnt range (horsetalk.co.nz)
- Twin Peaks Rush Creek Wild Fire Report: Where are All the Wild Horses and Burros? (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Money, Ego and the Failure to Save Wild Horses and Burros (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Update: Wild Horse & Burro Advocate Letters Reach President Obama via Congressman Jim Moran (rtfitchauthor.com)
- BLM to get rid of last wild horses in California, please call/write (our-compass.org)