This is the second set of documents ( click <HERE> for first installment) we are releasing from the FOIA request for documents pertaining to the NM permit request.
Documents contained in this release are the actual permit applications from NM as well as the other permit requests. You will note that in both releases, de los Santos’ partner’s name has yet to be revealed.
The second document is an email exchange that outlines the jurisdiction of the USDA and FDA and has some interesting information. Of particular note is that it appears as though nothing has been submitted to the EU as of March 2013.
Back in October, we were informed by the EU that in order for the US to be added back to the import list, it would take a minimum of two years. That’s after a complete plan for residue testing, traceability and inspection was submitted. All signs are pointing to no exports to the EU – the largest market. Since the EU will require passports for all horses and US horse owners have not been notified they need to passport their horses, we suspect [if a plant should open] there won’t be any exports directly from the US to the EU anytime soon. We also received word from the EU last month, as well as back in October, that nothing had been submitted. Of course, we know how honest everyone is regarding the horse meat business but we thought we’d pass on what we have been told.
We, along with several advocates have found some very informative points from the first release. While we reviewed the documents for content, our deep dive review of the information is still underway. We are still expecting over 3,000 pages so we thought it best to release what we had since we are running on a short window with the NM plant.
Click (HERE) for Summary and Links
- EWA/WHFF Houston Horse Meat Connection Gains Major Media Attention (rtfitchauthor.com)
- HfH/WHFF Launch Horsemeat DNA Monitoring Program in Light of UK/EU Ground Beef Contamination Scandal (rtfitchauthor.com)
- TCF R4H & WHFF Spearhead Massive Wild Horse/Slaughter Media Attention in OK (rtfitchauthor.com)
- TS Radio: Equine Welfare Press Conference and Rally live coverage (ppjg.me)
- Wild Horse Freedom Federation Receives the GuideStar Exchange Seal as a Demonstration of Its Commitment to Fiscal Transparency (rtfitchauthor.com)
- “Slaughterhouse” Sue Wallis’ Love Notes to Ag Sec Thomas Vilsack (rtfitchauthor.com)
- US Horsemeat Banned in EU (rtfitchauthor.com)