Last December Carol Walker, Director of Field Documentation for Wild Horse Freedom Federation, traveled to and issued a photographic report on the recently imprisoned wild horses at Salt Wells Creek:
Her findings were so disturbing and inhumane that it landed her a personal interview on CNN:
Likewise it attracted the attention of another wild equine advocacy group, The Cloud Foundation:
So being that many of you have asked what YOU can do to help, the Cloud Foundation and Wild Horse Freedom Federation are asking YOU to:
- Share the information above far and wide
- First thing Monday Morning CALL; Begin with your Senators and Representatives, then the President–all found in the “Contact Elected Officials” link below. CALL & EMAIL & please use respectful language.
- Remind them this is an election year. These are common sense, fiscal and humane issues that concern you and thousands of others.
- Ask them to investigate why BLM rejects an offer of working together with free materials and free labor to solve a problem in Rock Springs, WY.
- Explain that the BLM removes these horses, taking away their freedom and families. With no place to put them, they are left in short term holding.
- Winter is NOT over in Rock Springs–40 MPH winds and deep snow can continue for another 2 months.
- If you wish to contact the Wash. DC offices of the BLM officials involved, please respectfully contact them here: email@example.com, 202-912-7260; firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-208-4896.
Here is the link to Contact Your Elected Officials
On behalf of the Cloud Foundation and Wild Horse Freedom Federation we hope that on this upcoming Monday we ALL can and will make a very definitive and decisive difference.
Keep the faith!