Linda Parelli talks with Dr. Dwight Hooten, DVM
Linda sat down with Dr. Dwight Hooten, DVM to learn more about the EHV-1 outbreak in the U.S. and get his recommendations for protecting our horses from risk.
What are the symptoms? What should every horse owner know? What precautions should you take? What about farrier visits – do they put my horse at risk? If I have to travel, what should I keep in mind? …these questions and more are answered in this informative interview.
Many thanks to the Parelli’s for taking the time to inform and educate the public.
- Equine Herpes Virus Scare Spreads (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Utah County horse first fatality of equine herpes outbreak ()
- “Outbreak of Equine Herpes Virus-1” and related posts (topnews.us)
- Local horse has equine herpes virus (bendbulletin.com)
- 5 cases of horse herpes confirmed in Utah ()
- High River rodeo cancelled after new strain of equine herpes found (calgaryherald.com)
- Virus alert (artandhorseslauraleigh.wordpress.com)
- Second Ore. horse tests positive for equine virus (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Equine Herpes Virus-1: 2 Dead, 9 Confirmed Cases In Colorado (huffingtonpost.com)
- Officials: Virus not expected to halt Nev. rodeo (seattletimes.nwsource.com)