Wild horse advocates don’t want the horses seized, believing the horses will be slaughtered
RENO, NV – The Nevada Department of Agriculture rounded up a band of wild horses near Veterans Parkway Wednesday.
The department set up traps on private land at the owner’s request.
The horses were captured in panels and waited until Ag officials drove in to pick them up but not before a couple dozen protesters and four Reno police units showed up.
Wild horse advocates don’t want the horses seized, believing the horses will be slaughtered. But some homeowners in the area say the horses cause a lot of property damage.
The horses were taken to Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City, where they will be housed until they are taken to the Fallon livestock yards for auction.
- Press Release: BLM Colorado Investigating Wild Horse Deaths (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Protest to Stop Wild Horse & Burro Roundups and Sales to Kill Buyers (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Please Oppose Blm’s Devastating Plan for Wyoming’s Red Desert Wild Horses (rtfitchauthor.com)
- BLM Wild Horse & Burro Advisory Board Member Endorses Horse Slaughter during Public Session (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Nevada Wild Horse Advocates Take Steps to Protect Virginia Range Herd (rtfitchauthor.com)