The Twin Peaks HMA court case is “alive and well” and the hearing has been set for August 29th, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. in Pasadena, CA at the 9th Circuit courthouse located at 125 South Grand Avenue, Pasadena CA. Directions can be found on the 9th Circuit website http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/information/locations.php
The Twin Peaks wild horses and burros need you there!
The Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act was unanimously enacted in 1971 to protect wild horses and burros in the West “in order to enrich the lives of the American people”, mandating that they are to be “protected from capture, branding, harassment, or death; and to accomplish this they are to be considered in the area where presently found, as an integral part of the natural system of the public lands.”
This Twin Peaks Stallion “ACE” was captured at least three times by the BLM in 2002, 2006 and again in 2010. He has been both branded and harassed by the BLM.
This photo was taken of him in 2009 in the Twin Peaks HMA before he was captured for the last time during the 2010 roundup. Today he is alive and well and is willing to be the first horse, of the 1,791 Twin Peaks Wild Horses and Burros which were illegally removed by BLM, to be returned to their home land … when this case is won.
Please attend the hearing on August 29, 2013
- Video: Unified Advocate Wild Horse/Slaughter Press Conference and Rally Packs Oklahoma City (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Equine Advocates Take On BLM Wild Horse and Slaughter Issues in Oklahoma City (rtfitchauthor.com)
- TS Radio: Equine Welfare Press Conference and Rally live coverage (ppjg.me)
- BLM “Drought” Plans Get Rid of Wild Horses & Livestock (ppjg.me)
- Budget Cuts Hit BLM Wild Horse Concentration Camp (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Feds Sign $6M Helicopter Contract for ‘Wild Horse and Burro’ Stampedes (rtfitchauthor.com)