written by R.T. Fitch about R.T. Fitch ultimately exposing R.T. Fitch
R.T. Fitch Comes Clean and Confesses to Earning a Living
Yup, it’s time to fess up and clear the air, folks, as rumors have been flying and if I am nothing else I am a man of my word. So there is no need to dawdle and with a Wrangler Iced Tea sitting on my desk beside my keyboard I am going to step fully into the light, bereft of any exterior tapestry and bare my soul to the world…drum roll please:
“I have a job.”
Phew, it’s good to finally get that off my chest; you just have no idea how wearing it has been on my nerves, over the years, keeping the private portion of my life secret.
I am guilty on so many counts that I don’t know if they all can possibly be listed here but I will give it my best. If I am going to come clean I may as well do it all the way…so here goes, I just hope that you will still respect me in the morning.
R.T. Fitch has been guilty of:
- supporting his wife and rescued animal companions in a manner in which they have become accustomed to for years, i.e. spoiled
- being legally married and carries his appropriate name
- transparently paying all required Federal, State and local taxes
- annually and consistently donating a significant portion of his earnings to support legitimate non-profit animal related organizations
- spending large portions of his legitimate income to fund all travels and expenses (both he and his wife) related to equine advocacy and has never taken a dime from others to cover such expenses
- being personally liable and in debt to the tune of six figures for funding legal actions that have made a significant impact in protecting the equines of the United States
- donating the proceeds of his current book to a legitimate non-profit animal related organization
- working for an American energy company that is NOT involved in pushing wild equines off from their rightful public lands
- allowing his employer to match his donations to legitimate non-profit animal related organizations
- allowing his employer to donate grant money to legitimate non-profit animal related organizations when he donates 40 hours of personal time to legitimate non-profit animal related organizations
- being a degreed Health, Environment and Safety professional that has spent decades ensuring that his employer’s employees and contractors go home in the same health and good shape that they came to work with and that they safe guarded the environment while they conducted their business
- formerly working in multiple overseas locations at the risk of his own personal safety and health in an effort to diminish and reduce environmental risks and potential damage to ensure the longevity of life upon the planet
- currently working in China in collaboration with the Chinese government in an effort to assist them in kicking their polluting habit of burning coal and to convert dangerous gas into an energy source that will be a clean and natural form of energy which will relieve their deadly and toxic air pollution problem
- being away from his wife, herd, friends and allies way too much in attempting to accomplishing the above
- loving his wife, herd, friends and allies
- having occasional problems of keeping his horses between him and the ground
- longing to retire from official work and hopes to win the final equine battle so that he and Jerry Finch can sit under a pecan tree and drink Wrangler Iced Teas into the night without feeling guilty (while they still have the faculties to remember the correct recipe for the tea)
- giving a crap!!!!
There it is folks, in a nutshell, how a simple minded military medic turned into a college educated HES professional who spends all of his spare time and much of his personal earned income in trying to do what is right for the horses. I am sorry and hope that you can forgive me but in my heart of hearts I was thinking that I was headed in the right direction.
The skeletons are now cleaned out of the closet, the Darkside has been disarmed and I am standing before you naked (scary thought) waiting for my punishment. (I have lost some weight, you know)
Doing the right thing is often times painful, but I do enjoy a good fight.
May the Force of the Horse© be with us.
(Have a happy ‘Feel Good Sunday’)
Categories: The Force of the Horse