Guest Editorial by Grandma Gregg
Referring to today’s upcoming capture list – it says 100 wild horses will be bait/water trapped on the Murderer’s Creek HMA in Oregon starting tomorrow! This HMA is jointly “managed” by BLM and USFS, who said in their recent EA: “The AML for wild horses within the HMA is 50-140 wild horses with an objective of managing for a herd size of 100 animals.”
Now, take a look at the map that shows the census count. The census count as of the spring of 2012 was 171 (foals not counted) and I have the payment invoices from the bait trap contractor to BLM that says last fall they trapped 100 wild horses and then last winter they trapped 100 more … and now they have authorized another 100 wild horses be captured.
Assume that the 200 (last fall and last winter) would include the original 171 wild horses plus the foals and likely some on private property/outside HMA but there is no way there will be another 100 taken this summer and still leave 100 which was the stated plan in the EA. ZERO or more accurately stated … minus zero will be the result and thus Murderer’s Creek HMA will be the next HA land since there will be no horses to manage … thus no HMA.
And this will be the continuous plan (already going strong) for all of our WH&B … except for a few in a “zoo”. I hope I am wrong!
- BLM Decides to Destroy Wild Horse Herds (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Captive wild horses need relief from heat, says HSUS (horsetalk.co.nz)
- BLM: Let the Carnage Begin! (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Video: Battle with the BLM over Burros (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Can BLM build shade structures like this? (ppjg.me)
- Bureau of Land Management Ignores the Laws of United States AND Nature (ppjg.me)
- Citizen Report: Wild Horses Notably Absent from California Herd Area After BLM Roundup and Fire (rtfitchauthor.com)