May there be a very hot place in hell for Arturo Aleman and Erasmo Nunez, who mutilated a mare’s genitals. – Debbie
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Arturo Aleman, 63, and Erasmo Nunez, 55, allegedly tied up mare, Yanaha
- Then cut off horse’s genitals, before leaving her for dead in field in Texas
- Mare, 5, was taken to veterinary hospital with serious injuries to genitalia
- One rescue worker said Yanaha’s largest wound ‘was the size of football’
- Suspects accused of cruelty to livestock animal; have both posted bond
Arturo Aleman, 63, and Erasmo Nunez, 55, reportedly tied up the mare, named Yanaha, and cut off her genitals, before leaving her for dead in a field they owned near Gregory in San Patricio County.
The five-year-old horse was rescued by Rockport Horse Rescue, which rushed her to veterinary hospital, where she underwent surgery to allow her to urinate and defecate.
Victim: The duo reportedly tied up the mare (pictured after the alleged mutilation and shortly before her death), named Yanaha, and cut off her genitals, before leaving her for dead in a field they owned near Gregory, Texas
Rescue workers also spent six hours each day cleaning Yanaha – who was unable to lie down – and helping her evacuate feces. But despite their best efforts, the mare died several weeks later.
Now, Aleman and Nunez have been booked into San Patricio County Jail on charges of cruelty to a livestock animal, a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison.