Forward by R.T. Fitch
Statement from Dewey County Sheriff’s Office
Reaction from Restore the Legacy of ISPMB – Demand the President and BOD Step Down
“Just when you thought it could not get any worse…”
We have been involved and engaged with equine advocacy for well into two decades (one day we would like to retire) and witnessed that history continues to repeat itself over and over again with no lessons being learn. The formula for disaster (which always leads to horses and donkeys paying the price) is this:
People create a serious problem for the horses; then people attempt to correct the problem that other people created who are then blocked or further impeded by people who think that they are correcting a wrong only to whip up a bigger problem for the horses and donkeys that people had created in the first place ultimately resulting in the equines paying the price for the stupidity of…(drum-roll)…PEOPLE! I HATE IT!
I have further opinions on this topic but I do not want to overshadow the disgusting course of events, detailed below, that were caused by PEOPLE!
Below is an official statement of the Dewey County Sheriff’s office as published on their Facebook page; directly following that statement is a comment made on Facebook regarding this course of events, it pretty much sums up what I was alluding to above.
PEOPLE if you want to make a difference you can do a variety of things other than put the horses at risk and showing your asses, recommendations would be as follows: (contact numbers are listed in previous posts)
- Donate to the county for hay for the horses
- Support Elaine Nash and Fleet of Angels to help transport the horses
- Get up off your dead ass and volunteer for on the ground work
- Call up the ASPCA, HSUS and with respect and controlled passion seek their assistance in this case
- But above all, don’t threaten, harass, demean or insult those who are in control of the horses. Even the twerpyest, little sniveling geek can sit behind a computer screen in the wee hours of the morning and act like some big bad ass, twisted gangster but it takes a real, self-actualized individual to bite their lip, raise their hand and selflessly offer to assist in a situation where confrontation would be an easy out.
Get after it, do the right thing, grow some kahunas and most importantly…do it with dignity and grace. The horses and donkeys need us.” ~ R.T.
THE ISPMB HORSE SALE WILL NOT BE AT PHILLIP LIVESTOCK
THE SALE OF THE ISPMB HORSES IS STILL SCHEDULED FOR THE 20TH OF DECEMBER. HOWEVER I WILL NOT LIST WHERE THE SALE WILL BE HELD UNTIL CLOSER TO THE SALE DATE
THE REASON IT IS NOT BEING RELEASED IS TO PROTECT THE LIVESTOCK YARD FROM THREATS, ECT AS WERE RECEIVED BY PHILLIP LIVESTOCK
YOU HAVE CAUSED THIS ACTION IN ORDER TO PROTECT THEM FROM BEING HARASSED AND THREATENED.
I TRIED BEING OPEN WITH INFORMATION SO THE PEOPLE WHO WANTED TO BID WOULD HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO PLAN. MY ONLY OPTION NOW IS TO SHORTEN THAT TIME. I WILL PUT THE LOCATION OUT BUT IT WILL ONLY BE A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE SALE
DO NOT ASK EARLIER AS IT WILL NOT BE RELEASED