“At Wild Horse Freedom Federation we stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Return to Freedom and their call for immediate action to save our dwindling wild horse and burro herds. You can make a difference and the time to make that difference is “right now’.
Please take the actions, listed below, and be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.” ~ R.T. Fitch, co-founder/president of Wild Horse Freedom Federation
Word from Washington, D.C., is that it has been too quiet from wild horse & burro supporters. We must turn that around – *NOW* — before thousands of wild horses and burros are lost to foreign slaughterhouses or felled by bullets paid for by our own tax dollars.
Here’s how you can help America’s wild horses & burros:
2) Politely identify yourself and your city.
3) Tell staff you are calling to urge your representative or senator to:
* oppose 2018 budget provisions that would allow BLM to euthanize (shoot) healthy horses and that would remove sale restrictions on captive wild horses and burros;
* support the Roybal-Allard/Dent Amendment in the 2018 Agriculture Appropriations bill to continue the ban on horse slaughter;
* and support the bipartisan SAFE Act (HR 113), which would permanently ban horse slaughter in the United States and the transport of horses to slaughter.
4) Tell the staff member why these issues are important to you. For example, “I’m calling because I do not want my tax dollars used to kill wild horses or allow the return of slaughter to the United States.”
5) If you are unable to get through to your representatives’ D.C. number, call a district office. Phone numbers can be found on your representatives’ websites.
Other things you can do to help
- Send a letter to your representatives through our website: https://returntofreedom.salsalabs.org/opposebudg…/index.html Please be sure to personalize the letter to increase the odds that it will be read.
- Send a personal letter. Addresses can be found on your representatives’ websites.
- Check your representatives’ website for upcoming town hall meetings or schedule a meeting with district staff to share your concerns.
- Sign RTF’s anti-slaughter petition: https://returntofreedom.salsalabs.org/safeactpet…/index.html
- Spread the word! Share this post and encourage your friends and family members to pick up the phone and play a part in protecting America’s wild horses and burros (Hit the SHARE Buttons Below)