Federal Grazing Agency Bullied Through Meeting but Extended Comment Period
The Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) covert holiday weekend announcement of a planned public hearing on the use of controversial helicopters during much contested wild horse stampedes, to take place only hours later, drew the nation’s ire and resulted in the federal grazing agency conducting the sparsely attended meeting on May 29th while extending the period for comment until June 12th.
The Nevada branch of the BLM, where the bulk of America’s few remaining wild horses and burros reside, claims to “welcome” comments from the public as part of it’s statewide hearing on the use of helicopters and motorized vehicles in it’s failed management of wild horse and burro operations.
The instructions for sending in comments are quite specific so, if interested, attention to detail is a must; particularly when BLM’s inability to accurately count and/or listen to comments is taken into consideration.
The issue is the use of helicopters to terrorize and stampede federally protected wild horses and burros from their rightful public lands and then to use semi-trucks, trailers and pickups to haul them off to parts unknown where the BLM is gearing up to allow all of them to be sold off for slaughter.
If you would care to be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves mail or fax to:
Carson City District Office
5665 Morgan Mill Road
Carson City, NV 89701
Attn: WHB Motorized Hearing
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: WHB Motorized
And here is a nice touch, in an effort to make you feel safe, warm and fuzzy the Wild Horse Harvesting Machine INSISTS that you include your physical address, phone number, email or other personal identifying information with your comment. Nice touch, eh?
But the destructors of our National Icons are not finished, yet…they have one more twist, or threat, that they want to throw in and this is a direct quote:
“Please be aware your entire comment–including your personal identifying information–may be made publicly available at any time. While you may request we withhold your personal information from public view, we cannot guarantee we will be able to do so.”
You just gotta love it.
If you would also like to vote in an online poll on the cruelty of the BLM swing by Reno’s NBC News 4 website to take part in their poll, click (HERE)…at the time of this writing 67% were against the usage of helicopters to torment, terrorize and ultimately undo the wild equines of our public lands.
- Update: American Public Speaks Out on Lack of BLM Transparency (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Government Transparency and Public Process on Wild Horses and Burros Jeopardized (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Obama’s BLM “Slaughter” Advisory Board Shows True Colors on First Day (rtfitchauthor.com)
- It’s Official: BLM’s Welfare Cattle Program Killing Western Public Lands, Wild Horses Not Guilty (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Wild Mares Giving Birth to Litters?(according to BLM population estimates, they do) (rtfitchauthor.com)
- BLM Nat. Wild Horse and Burro “Slaughter” Advisory Board Meets Today (rtfitchauthor.com)
- BLM Puts Public in Holding (rtfitchauthor.com)