With lawsuits coming in from all directions BLM spokesperson, Debbie Collins, has verified that the notorious roundup company Cattoor Livestock is the contractor that will be herding hundreds of newborn foals across the northwest Nevada desert during the much contested Tuscarora Roundup (formerly the Owyee Roundup but name was changed, at last moment, to confuse the public).
With a clouded past, it was Cattoor Livestock that stampeded the horses of Pryor Mountain in 95+ degree heat for miles and again the Cattoors who actually were credited with running the hooves right off from several foals during the bloodiest of all BLM roundups on record, the Calico Complex debacle. Due to deaths in the field and the company’s aggressive practices documented on video the Cattoors launched an attack on the First Amendment and instructed their attorneys to issue threat/demand letters to news agencies, major non-profits, magazines and blogs that were reporting the news to the public on the deadly Calico Roundup. The letters wanted to “fix” the news by ensuring that the truth about the helicopter stampedes was not published and even went so far as to insist on public apologies for reporting the facts as witnessed and opinions as concluded. The mention of company owner David Cattoor’s past indictment for capturing and selling wild horses to slaughter was, likewise, considered taboo. The hiring of contractors with criminal records is a clear violation of federal preferred vendors guidelines.
Now the wealthy helicopter owners are back to rain misery down upon the federally protected wild horses while an outraged public unwittingly funds the operation with tax payer money. Only days out of the foaling season the roar of helicopter blades will be heard across the Tuscarora area as the BLM plans to stampede 1,200 that they claim need to removed from their legal reserve while thousands of private cattle are allowed to stay and destroy the countryside, all of this to be conducted in secret as the BLM alleges it has the right to bar the public from publicly owned lands.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Mustang Advocate Finds BLM Violates Own Rules, Files Lawsuit (ppjg.wordpress.com)
- NV Woman Files Suit to Stop Tuscarora Roundup (thecloudfoundation.wordpress.com)
- BLM Helicopter Roundup To Begin Despite Presence of Vulnerable Young Foals (ppjg.wordpress.com)
- Legal Action Taken To Halt BLM’s Wild Horse Roundup in Northeastern Nevada Which Threatens Newly-Born Foals (yubanet.com)
- BLM Violates Protocol & Puts Wild Horse Foals at Risk in NV Roundup (thecloudfoundation.wordpress.com)
- BLM manipulating wild herd counts and resource data (ppjg.wordpress.com)