Last Chance to Call Congress to Save Our Wild Horse and Burros on Take Action Tuesday
Congress is set to vote this week on the Spending Bill for 2018. The House’s version calls for killing 45,000 wild horses and burros in holding facilities and an additional 45,000 wild horses and burros deemed “excess” that are still free on our public lands. The Senate version protects our wild horses and burros. We need to call our representatives before the final vote at the end of this week. Please join us on Take Action Tuesday.
- Call the House and Senate leadership:“I’m calling to urge Senator/Representative _____ to keep horse slaughter out of 2018 spending legislation by maintaining the Senate versions of Agriculture and Interior Appropriations bills. Please stand with the 80% of Americans who oppose horse slaughter and want our wild horses and burros protected and not killed, “euthanized,” sterilized or slaughtered.
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell: (202) 224-2541
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer: (202) 224-6542
- House Speaker Paul Ryan: (202) 225-3031
- House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy: (202) 225-2915
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi: (202) 225-4965