Open Letter from Charlotte Roe
It’s time for all of us to take action. Congress has just returned from a 5 week recess and the disastrous “management” plan that calls for the removal of over 100,000 wild horses and burros from the range over the next decade will soon be up for senate approval in the Fiscal Year 2020 Interior spending bill. They need your voice NOW.
If you’re unfamiliar with the plan, TCF responded in depth to the proposing organizations, you can read the detailed assessment on our website. (CLICK HERE).
We cannot wait or rely on anyone else to safeguard our wild herds. They desperately need a champion in the Senate, and our voices are the only way to make that happen. It’s time to put your passion into action and CALL YOUR SENATORS TODAY.
Steps to take:
- Find your Senator’s phone number here: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
**Not sure who your senators are? You can find out here: https://whoismyrepresentative.com
- Use the following script – or create your own – as long as the message is clear. If no one answers, leave a voicemail.
1. Hello, my name is ____________ and I live in _______________. My phone # is ______________. (Give all that info upfront for simplicity)
2. I am asking Senator _____________ to vote AGAINST funding the Dept. of Interior Appropriations Bill, Fiscal Year 2020, which includes the Livestock Lobby/ASPCA/HSUS plan to remove over 100,000 wild horses and burros from public lands in the next 10 yrs. Our wild herds are protected by federal law and should be managed ON THE RANGE, not warehoused at tax-payer expense.
3. Again my name is ______________________, from ____(town)______. Thank you for the opportunity to weigh in.