Update from the HfH Advisory Council
Advocates to Voice Concerns Over BLM Cruelty
Houston (SFTHH) – The Obama Administration’s Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board will be holding a meeting in Phoenix, AZ March 10-11 2011 allegedly to discuss their failed Wild Horse and Burro strategy. This is the perfect opportunity for the Wild Horse Advocacy Movement to not only be heard but to be a physical presence in representation of the rapidly disappearing great American Wild Horse.
HfH Advisory Council is joining the Cloud Foundation in a calling to arms across the nation for wild horse advocates to rally at this meeting either in person or electronically. Volunteer Director of the Cloud Foundation Ginger Kathrens will be present as will be wild horse advocates R.T. and Terry Fitch from the HfH Advisory Council and many others. Collectively they ask you to stay tuned for further information and announcements but ensure that the dates of March 10th and 11th are circled on your calendar as this is our opportunity to speak out, for the horses, against the deadly and unnecessary BLM stampedes that have devastated the long standing native wild horse herds across the U.S. west.
Our main and simple message is to call for a moratorium on the roundups until science and verified data can be applied in an effort to tell us how many horses remain in the wild and exactly how many are held in holding. We need to put the brakes on this reckless and bloody horse harvesting machine before there are no longer any viable herds remaining on our public lands.
The meeting itself will be held at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel at 340 N. 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004. Currently the staff of the Cloud Foundation is looking into potential options for advocate accommodations.
Public comments will be heard on the morning of Friday the 11th with registration commencing at 8:30 AM. A printed text of the comment to be made must be submitted at that time.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, the BLM is accepting electronic comments through their website here. You can find a sample form on the Cloud Foundation website. Likewise recommended talking points are also made available to assist you in filling out your form.
For additional information on the meeting specifics you can visit the BLM website by clicking (HERE)
Updates to Follow!
- Event: Wild Horses and Burros Need Your Voice (thecloudfoundation.wordpress.com)
- Wild horses: BLM Backs Off Plan to Zero Out West Douglas Herd (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s BLM Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board to Meet in March (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- The BLM’s Internal “Investigation”: The Fox Guarding the Henhouse (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Famed Journalist Files Emergency Appeal Over Wild Horse Issue (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- BLM Called Upon To Halt Wild Horse Roundups Until “New Normal ” Policies Enacted To Ensure Humane Treatment of Mustangs (yubanet.com)
- House votes BLM budget cut over wild horse dispute (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- NV Congresswoman Speaks Out on Obama BLM Animal Cruelty at Wild Horse Stampede (rtfitch.wordpress.com)