Wild Burros in Texas/Wild Horses in Nevada
This day, November 15th, 2011 Wild Horse Freedom Federation‘s Board of Directors are on the move in both the states of Nevada and Texas in an effort to witness, document and speak out for our wild horses and burros as the organization pushes forward in the battle to save the last of our wild equines.
In south-east Texas WHFF Directors Terry Fitch and Marjorie Farabee are saddling up the big Dodge Dually 4X4 with a trailer full of donkeys, wagon and tack to take across the entire width of Texas to make a stand for the wild burros being shot and executed in the world famous Big Bend State Park by the Texas Park and Wildlife Department. From Houston all the way over to Alpine, Texas Terry and Marjorie will travel to hold a town hall meeting with local residents on how to stop the bloodshed; then several days of participating and demonstrating in the local Art Fair and associated parades. They will spend a week spreading the word, drumming up support and attempting to secure photographs of the last living wild burro herd in Texas before the Rick Perry administration guns down the very last burro so that high dollar big horn sheep can be installed for the pleasure of elite and wealthy hunters. Terry promises to keep us updated with the progress with their travels.
Meanwhile, WHFF’s Vice President, Laura Leigh will be making the trek to the Calico Complex, this weekend, where the BLM is once again planning to assail the herd that they all but decimated two short years ago. Armed with her camera and laptop Laura will continue to gather information, data and evidence to support currently working legal cases in federal court and developing suits that will be slapped upon the rogue agency in an effort to save the few remaining wild horses that run free on their rightful public lands. As many of you may recall, dozens of horses died at Calico, two years ago, due to the inhumane manner in which the horses were stampeded and ultimately cared for, or lack there of. We all remember the foal who was run by a helicopter until it’s feet fell off. An occurrence that speaks to the depths of the cruelty inherent in the BLM and the contractors that they employ.
Stay tuned, updates shall be forth coming!!!
- Litigation to Protect Wild Horses and Public Rights Intensifies (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- BLM May Consider Pickens Wild Horse Plan (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Wild Horse Advocate Files for Halt to Alleged BLM Wild Horse Helicopter Abuse (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- WHFF VP Rebuffs Time’s Disparaging Wild Horse Piece (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Wild Burro Shooting Texas Parks and Wildlife to hold Annual Public Hearing (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Litigation Intensifies (artandhorseslauraleigh.wordpress.com)
- Federal Court Keeps Watchful Eye on BLM Wild Horse Pilot Conduct (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- BLM’s Alleged Wild Horse Abuse Gathers More Legal Action (rtfitch.wordpress.com)