News from varied sources
Wild Burro Advocate Wants the Killing to Stop
The signatures are part of a Change.org petition demanding that the Presidential hopeful stop his administration’s wild burro slaughter in Texas’ Big Bend Ranch State Park.
The campaign began when Marjorie Farabee with the Wild Burro Protection League and Wild Horse Freedom Federation learned that Texas officials were gunning down wild burros with the intent of eradicating them from the state park to make way for Big Horn Sheep for hunter’s pleasure.
“What BLM is doing to wild burros and horses out west”, said Farabee, “pales with the bloodshed that is taking place in Texas with Rick Perry’s approval.”
Farabee has been working with locals near the park to help save the burros and believes that bringing the message to the state capital will make the difference.
- Texas Wild Burros Getting Stubborn Allies (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- No Fences on Perry’s Texas Border, but They Shoot Immigrant Burros (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- West Texas Wild Burro Controversy Flares Again for Texas Parks (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- An Oasis of Love for Burros, Donkeys, Mules and Horses (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Texas Is Shooting Donkeys, Stirring Burro Backlash (abcnews.go.com)
- Texas is shooting donkeys, stirring burro backlash (newsok.com)