From the pages of Horse Talk
Americans Against Horse Slaughter State the Facts
It acknowledges that while some horses are sold directly into slaughter by what it calls irresponsible owners, many arrive at slaughterhouses through livestock auctions where unsuspecting owners sell their horses to kill buyers, often for minimal sums of money.
“Many of these horses are faithful and trusting pets whose owners list them for sale in ads where kill buyers lurk.
“Despite the closing of US slaughter plants, the buyers continue to purchase and haul as many horses as possible and transport them to Mexico and Canada for slaughter.
“Horses are often acquired by kill buyers without truthful or full disclosure,” the white paper says.
Animals can become difficult to trace after the auction process, making it nearly impossible for law enforcement to prosecute the thieves, the group said.
Kill buyers can earn up to $US1000 a horse, depending on the slaughter plant.
Click (HERE) to visit Horse Talk
- Horseback Mag Banned from Horse Slaughter Summit (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horse Slaughter: No Steps Forward – Many Steps Back (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horses Aren’t The Only Victims (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Trucker tells chilling account of driving horses to slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horse Trainer Sold Over 100 Horses To Canadian Slaughter House (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Pro-Horse Slaughter Monsters: Are They Worth Any Notice? (rtfitch.wordpress.com)
- Revival of Horse Slaughter to Cost Taxpayers (rtfitch.wordpress.com)