Source: Front Range Equine Rescue
First, the Court rejected the Defendant-Intervenors’ motion to strike statements from our merits brief related to the environmental havoc caused by the last three horse slaughterhouses to operate in the U.S. The Court can now consider this evidence in its final ruling.
Second, the Court rejected Valley Meat’s motion to strike statements from our merit brief about Valley Meat’s history of environmental violations.
Third, the Court denied USDA’s attempts to pretend that it considered the environmental havoc caused by the last three horse slaughterhouses to operate in the U.S. before issuing the recent grants of inspection.
Finally, the Court denied Rains Natural Meat’s motion for a security bond.”
- Court blocks Missouri horse slaughter plant (horsetalk.co.nz)
- Federally Indicted Horse Slaughter Hauler’s Court Docs Available Online (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horse Slaughter: New Mexico Government Rangers Storm Private Properties Searching & Seizing Horses (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Third Horse-Slaughter Wanna-be Qualifies for USDA Inspections (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horse slaughter isn’t a necessity (thegazette.com)
- Navajo Elders Voice Opposition to Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)