Updates courtesy of Equine Welfare Alliance
Citizen Complaint Filed Against Three Angels Farms
In addition to kill buyer Dorian Ayache (Three Angles Farms) being shut down today, just 3 days ago private citizens provided evidence and filed a formal complaint with the USDA Office of the Inspector General that Ayache had violated the 28 hour USDA regulations. The regulations prevent horses intended for slaughter from “being on a conveyance for transport” for over 28 hours. Fines for violation of the 28 hour rule amounts to $5,000 per horse, or $185,000 for 37 horses.
Today, Friday July 29th, kill buyer Dorian Ayache, President of Three Angles Farms, Lebanon, TN was ordered effective immediately to cease all commercial motor vehicle operations. The United States Department of Transportation and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration charged that Ayache and Three Angels Farms operations constitute an “imminent hazard” to public safety. In addition to ceasing all operations, Ayache was prohibited from having others haul for him.
The order reads, “EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, YOU MUST CEASE ALL COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATIONS, INCLUDING ALL INTERSTATE AND INTRASTATE TRANSPORTATION OF VEHICLES AND/OR GOODS BY DRIVERS.”
“FURTHER THE COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLES IDENTIFIED IN THIS ORDER ARE PROHIBITED FROM BEING OPERATED IN INTERSTATE OR INTRASTATE COMMERCE BY ANY OTHER MOTOR CARRIER OR ANY DRIVER.”
“NO ADDITIONAL CARGO MAY BE LOADED OR TRANSPORTED.”
Ayache, who has had 2 wrecks since January, the latest just 3 weeks ago when his trailer carrying 37 horses broke in half on I24 just outside of Nashville, has been cited for 64 vehicular safety violations over the last 24 months. He has also been cited for driving without a commercial driver’s license, fatigued driver, health certificate, record of duty status and more.
- New Jersey Senate Passes Legislation to Ban Horse Slaughter 35 to 4 (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Ayache’s (Three Angels Farms) Horse Slaughter Trailer Involved in Accident, Again (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Charleroi PA Passes Resolution to Support Federal Ban on Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Breaking News: FRER Discovers Documented Efforts to Begin Horse Slaughter in Missouri (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horse Slaughter Increased 38% Over Past Year (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Moran Amendment to Ban Horse Slaughter Passes Appropriations Committee (rtfitchauthor.com)