“Let the Horse-Eaters Beware!”
NO HORSING AROUND: Seven super PACs opposing horse slaughter popped up over the weekend, including the American Horse Association, Oklahoma Horse Association, Texas Horse Association, Missouri Horse Association, New Mexico Horse Association, Arizona Horse Association and Alabama Horse Association. All are registered in Kaufman, Texas, with Julie Caramante, who’s lent her name to numerous horse rights and anti-horse slaughter organizations, listed as treasurer for each.
Consultant Jon Ryan Parker, who’s working with the groups, tells PI the “main goal of the groups is issue advocacy — they just want to get the message out to the public.” Why form super PACs? “It gives them another tool in their efforts,” said Parker, adding the groups will begin fundraising later this month.
- Horse Slaughter Applicant Gives Up After Being Fined $86,400 For Mountain of Dead Animals on Property (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Butchering Family Gives Up on Horse-Slaughter Plant in New Mexico (rtfitchauthor.com)
- EWA President Clears Air with USDA on Horse Slaughter Issue (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Law Catches Up with Horse Slaughter Trafficker (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Tainted Politician’s Attempts to Slaughter Horses Continue to Unravel (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Pro-Horse/Anti-Slaughter Testimony – Texas Senate Committee (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Independent Horse Slaughter White Paper (rtfitchauthor.com)