“Under the bill, the sale of horse meat still would be illegal in Oklahoma…”
The Senate Agriculture and Rural Development Committee on Monday voted 9-0 in favor of the bill by Bristow Republican Rep. Skye McNiel. It would end Oklahoma’s 50-year ban on the slaughter of horses for human consumption.
Under the bill, the sale of horse meat still would be illegal in Oklahoma, but the export for sale in other countries would be allowed.
Supporters say it would provide a humane option for unwanted, aging horses in Oklahoma. Animal rights groups have fiercely opposed the measure and to a similar bill pending in the House.
McNiel’s bill now heads to the full Senate for consideration.
Click (HERE) to visit News 6 and to Comment
- Pam McKissick Uncovers the Truth About Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Breaking News: FRER Discovers New Applications for Horse Slaughter Facilities (rtfitchauthor.com)
- ASPCA official: Keep Horse Slaughter Out of Oklahoma (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Professed Horse Eater Beats Slaughtered Horse with Computer Keyboard (ppjg.me)
- While World Reels From Horse Meat Scandal US Agencies Asleep at the Wheel (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Oklahoma horse slaughter bill author denies financial motivation (newsok.com)
Categories: Horse News