Information supplied by multiple sources
Horse-Haters Run from Pro-Horse Counter Conference
In a vague and jumbled press release, Quarter Horse trainer, Dave Duquette announced that the 2nd Annual Summit of the (Slaughter) Horse, which was touted to be held in Oklahoma City next week, will be “rescheduled” to sometime in January of next year. Doubt and defeat of Duquette and Sue Wallis’ attempts to reintroduce foreign owned horse slaughterhouses into the U.S. have dogged the duo as they try to convince a doubting American public that butchering and eating companion animals and pets is a good thing.
In defiance of the “Summit” equine advocates from across the nation have organized several counter conferences in an attempt to get the “pro-horse” message out to the American people.
Simone Netherlands of Respect4Horses and lead promoter for the Summit of the Live Horse, to be held in Oklahoma City next week spoke with SFTHH early this morning:
“We received a heads up, late yesterday, that horse slaughter promoters Dave Duquette and Sue Wallis had called off their “Summit” so we called the Embassy Suites to confirm and indeed it appears as if they have decided to put their tail between their legs and give up! I believe that all of scheduled impressive speakers, the equine welfare community working together and the confirmed press coming to our summit has scared them off and they realized they were better off NOT being there.”
“By no means does this mean that we will cancel anything that we have planned. Our Press Conference in Oklahoma City on April 3rd and live Web broadcast will move full steam ahead. Fox25 is planning on doing a segment about racehorses and slaughter tomorrow and also announcing our press conference. I will be on the Robert Dover Radio show tomorrow at 6 pm EST advertising the live broadcast. We have a message to get out to the American public and now that the horse-haters have gotten it we need to ensure that everyone is aware of the plight of the American Horse.”
“This sort of behavior is nothing new for Duquette and Wallis,” said R.T. Fitch, co-founder and volunteer president of Wild Horse Freedom Federation, “they have operated under several different names in recent years and ran their finances into the ground with their first attempt at a slaughter summit last year. Meanwhile the Equine Welfare Alliance held a multi-day event that attracted leading scientists, scholars and equine subject matter experts from around the world. In the end, the truth will always rise to the top it’s simply a matter of getting it out to the public.”
To learn more about the Summit of the LIVE Horse visit Ms. Netherlands Facebook page by clicking (HERE)
Click (HERE) to attempt to decipher Duquette’s press release
More news to follow.
- UH President Caught Up in Web of Horse Slaughter Lies (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horse Slaughter President and Buddy Reporter Concoct Another Story of Misinformation and Untruths (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horseback Mag Banned from Horse Slaughter Summit (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Video: Cynthia MacPerson challenges Sue Wallis’s Horse Slaughter Plant Proposal in Missouri (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Breaking News: Mountain Grove Rejects Horse Slaughter Plant (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Anti-Horse Group Stumbles in Attempt to Justify Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Radical Wyoming Politician’s Horse Slaughter Plans Challenged in Missouri (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Facts that Refute the 7 Most Common Myths about Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Saving Horses from Slaughter: NH Boy Blogs, Testifies before Legislature about why Practice must be Halted (rtfitchauthor.com)