Pro-Horse Billboard is in AQHA’s Backyard
The Equine Welfare Alliance (EWA) has planted a eye-catching billboard graphically saying “Stop Slaughtering Us” with two companion horses pictured on Texas Interstate 40 just a stone’s through away from the slaughter promoting AQHA’s Museum in Amarillo, Texas. EWA funded the installation which is part of a national network of public awareness billboards promoting the well being of American equines from the onslaught of predatory horse slaughter perpetuated and promoted by such organizations as the American Quarter Horse Association. Angel Acres has been the organizer of the network and has multiple billboards posted around the country in locations that could possibly make a difference in alerting the public to the subversive and collusive activities of a handful of politicians, organizations and individuals who wish to bring the bloody business of horse slaughter back to the U.S. so that foreign business’s can profit from butchering and then dining upon the drug laced flesh of American equines. The billboard guides motorists to the pro-horse websites of www.equinewelfarealliance.org and www.stopslaughteringus.com
“We wanted to ensure that the AQHA received the message loud and clear,” stated EWA’s VP Vicki Tobin, “and we think we found the perfect vehicle with the billboard right in their backyard.”
EWA’s statistics and reports indicate that over 100,000 U.S. horses are shipped annualy to both Mexico and Canada to be cruelly slaughtered for human consumption abroad. There have been no horse slaughter plants operating in the U.S. since the last three foreign owned operations were shuttered in 2007 when USDA funding for inspectors was removed. But last November President Obama reinstated the additional funding into the USDA budget after it was covertly slipped into an Ag appropriations bill by 3 collusive Congressmen behind closed doors. The bloody and reprehensible practice of slaughtering companion animals could, theoretically, return to U.S. in the form of foreign business ventures.
Tobin continued, “We expect to take heat from the anti-horse side about spending money on a billboard versus a donation to a direct rescue but we are in a fight to save hundreds of thousands of horses and trust our affiliated equine rescues to save the horse next door. Like our “Sgt. Reckless” campaign the Alliance recognizes the bigger picture and the need to stop this insanity once and for all.”
Jo Deibel, Founder and Director of Angel Acres, noted “This billboard is another step forward in raising awareness about horse slaughter. The vast majority of Americans are unaware that our horses are being sent to Mexico and Canada to be brutally slaughtered. No matter what pro slaughter folks call it i.e. rendering, processing, harvesting or whatever sanitized word they choose to use, horse slaughter is NOT humane euthanasia.
The national network of billboards has been received with positive press from across the U.S. and Angel Acres hopes to garner more sponsors so that the message to the public can continue to expand.
- Update: Animal’s Angels Recent Horse Slaughter Auction Investigations (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Radical Wyoming Politician’s Horse Slaughter Plans Challenged in Missouri (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Facts that Refute the 7 Most Common Myths about Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Saving Horses from Slaughter: NH Boy Blogs, Testifies before Legislature about why Practice must be Halted (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Illinois Politicians Try to Slaughter Horses, AGAIN! (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Poll Finds Big Ag Horse Slaughter Promotion Has Backfired (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Treachery of Congressional Horse Slaughter Cabal Exposed in Ad Campaign (rtfitchauthor.com)
- America’s Youth Appeal to Obama to End Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Preventing Horse Slaughter – a Personal Evolution (rtfitchauthor.com)