Is Horse Slaughter Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?
Oklahoma City, (R4H) – Equine advocates from across the nation will participate in a press conference and live webcast, the Summit of the Live Horse, aired from Oklahoma City on 04/03/2012 to address the explosive issues surrounding Horse Slaughter and Wild Horses and Burros.
The Summit of the Live Horse Press Conference
Holiday Inn, Will Rogers Airport
4401 SW 15th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
12 – 1PM CDT
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Late last year, three lawmakers in Washington, D.C. (Rep. Kingston, Sen. Blunt and Sen. Kohl), legalized Horse Slaughter in the U.S. by removing language from an Agriculture Appropriations bill, which had prohibited federal funds from being spent to inspect horse slaughter plants. President Obama signed the bill into law and in doing so ignited a heated anti/pro-horse debate, which crosses all of the socio-economic demographics of the U.S.
While last year two conferences representing opposing sides of the coin took place in Las Vegas, this year’s Equine battleground is set to play out in Oklahoma City no farther than one city block away from each other.
In many states including Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Montana, Washington and Oregon, the horse slaughter faction is beginning to lay the groundwork to open horse slaughter plants for human consumption. In several states, legislators are sponsoring bills that would turn their respective states into hospitable environments for foreign investors to open horse slaughtering operations by affording them potential tax incentives and by violating U.S. citizen’s First Amendment rights by sheltering the horse slaughter business’ from lawsuits. “Any responsible horse owner, as well as any concerned tax payer, should be petrified about what could happen next”, says Simone Netherlands, Director of Respect4Horses and also the organizer of the Summit of the Live Horse Press Conference.
This press conference will bring directors and equine experts from the largest animal and horse welfare organizations together as one united voice for the future welfare of the American Horse, both domestic and wild. Participants include, but not limited to, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), The Cloud Foundation, Respect4Horses, Animal Rescue Unit and Wild Horse Freedom Federation.
Will horse slaughter be coming to your neighborhood? Do we need horse slaughter in America? Can horse slaughter be made humane? Is horsemeat toxic? Does horse slaughter solve abuse and neglect? Does horse slaughter encourage over breeding? Will our wild horses be slaughtered? Will it stop horse slaughter across our borders?While at the Summit of the Horse, the horse slaughter faction will be strategizing for three days about how to increase the demand for horse meat, how to slaughter our wild horses and how to open new slaughter plants in the U.S., the Summit of the Live Horse Press Conference, will utilize the expertise of equine experts and professionals to answer the above questions and offer solutions and alternatives.
Panel members will include:
- Scott Beckstead, Senior Oregon Director for The Humane Society of the United States
- Carolyn Schnurr, Director of legislative affairs ASPCA
- Ginger Kathrens, Filmmaker and Director of the Cloud Foundation.
- Dr. Jennifer Madden, DVM
- Simone Netherlands, Horse trainer and Director of Respect4Horses
- R.T. Fitch, writer and co-founder of Wild Horse Freedom Federation
- Brogan Horton, Founder of Animal Rescue Unit
The interactive Summit of the Live Horse Press Conference will be broadcast on Ustream.tv, April 3, 2012. This service will give the press conference global coverage and allow anyone to participate in the question and answer sessions after words. Search Ustream.tv/Respect4Horses at 12:00 noon CDT to log into the live broadcast to participate. The link will also be available at www.Respect4Horses.com
Any and all members of the press are cordially invited.
Free tickets to the public are available by emailing email@example.com
For additional information call: (928) 308-6718
Footage of last years conferences :
Click (HERE) to download Press Release
- Facts that Refute the 7 Most Common Myths about Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- UH President Caught Up in Web of Horse Slaughter Lies (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Anti-Horse Group Stumbles in Attempt to Justify Horse Slaughter (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Saving Horses from Slaughter: NH Boy Blogs, Testifies before Legislature about why Practice must be Halted (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Radical Wyoming Politician’s Horse Slaughter Plans Challenged in Missouri (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Horse Slaughter President and Buddy Reporter Concoct Another Story of Misinformation and Untruths (rtfitchauthor.com)
- Breaking News: Mountain Grove Rejects Horse Slaughter Plant (rtfitchauthor.com)
- EWA and Angel Acres say “In Your Face” Horse Slaughter Supporting AQHA (rtfitchauthor.com)